If you have a layover in Hong Kong, why not make the most of your time and book one of our private layover tours? With the world class Airport Express, Hong Kong International Airport is just 30 minutes away from the city centre, giving you enough time to look around and discover the unique place that is Hong Kong.
When you book a layover tour, we will send you bullet point instructions from luggage storage to meeting your guide in the city centre. Alternatively, you can simply select ‘Airport’ as the meeting point and we will pick you up at the arrival hall!
Please note you should schedule a layover tour to start one hour after your flight arrival time and finish at least two hours before your flight departure to allow for time to catch your connecting flight.
LAYOVER CITY TOUR
We know that you don’t have much time in Hong Kong, so we have designed a tour that covers both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon with all the major attractions in it. Meaning that you can make the most of your time here with all your itinerary sorted.
If you want to see the more intimate side of the city, you can choose the cottage industries itinerary and see how some people have become masters of a unique trade. Alternatively you can choose the subdivided housing itinerary to see how crazy housing prices have forced people to live in coffin and cage homes.
– Meet at Hong Kong Station
– Victoria Peak (option to go to the observation deck or Lugard Road)
– Take Peak Tram back to the Financial District
– Visit the Financial District (Government Hill, HSBC, Statue Square, Final Court of Appeal, HKMA)
– Graham Street Market, visit a few food stores at an open air market
– Man Mo Temple, Taoism & a short lesson on the rituals of a Chinese temple
– Lunch at either a traditional tea house, or tasting at several eateries
– Flower Market, history of the flower market and Boundary Street
– Bird Market, a Hong Kong flu that shocked the world
– Gold Fish Market, how they survive the high rental prices in the centre of Mong Kok
This is a six hour tour finishing at Ladies Market. You can extend this tour by adding:
– a visit to several cottage industries in Sai Ying Pun & Sheung Wan (+1 hour)
– a visit to a subdivided unit and a local wet market in Sham Shui Po (+1 hour)
LAYOVER LANTAU TOUR
When the Big Buddha was built in 1992, the only way to get there was by taking a ferry to Mui Wo, then hiking three hours through Lantau and Sunset peaks. Seeing the Buddha was as much a spiritual endeavour as it was a thorough workout.
Things have changed, though. Traffic came to Lantau when the airport, MTR and highway were completed in 2005. Then the Ngong Ping 360 cable car turned Lantau into a tourist attraction in 2006.
Due to these developments, Big Buddha is now only 30 minutes away from the airport by bus and cable car.
– Meet at Tung Chung MTR station
– Take Ngong Ping 360 cable car to Ngong Ping village
– Visit Big Buddha, hear the story of how it was built and the economics of religion in HK
– Po Lin Monastery, Buddhism and how belief is embodied in architecture
– Take a bus to the Tai O fishing Village
– Chinese lunch near the Tai O fishing village
– Tour around Tai O (fishing village stilt houses, Tai O heritage Police Station, panoramic view of HK-ZhuHai-Macao Bridge)
– Ferry or bus back to the city
This is a seven hour tour finishing at Tung Chung MTR station. We take only the one-way journey (not return) cable car in this tour, click here for further details.
Tour Fee: HKD
400 (200 NOW!) per hour for a group of two. Additional HKD 50 per hour for each additional person. Kids younger than 13 come free! One hour is added for hotel pickup (except airport hotels), 1.5 hours are added for meetings at airport arrival hall (and airport hotels).
Itinerary: Itinerary may be adjusted to reflect attraction opening hours. We are also happy to adjust the itinerary to your preference as long as it falls within the tour duration.
Luggage Handling: If you need to store your luggage, there is a left luggage service next to Arrival Hall A. For further information click here.
Exclusion: Fee does not include the cost of food and transportation.
Weather Cancellation: Please note the tour may be cancelled in the case of a typhoon signal eight or a red/black rain signal. A full refund will be provided in the case of weather cancellation.
General Cancellation: A full refund will be provided if the cancellation is made more than seven days in advance. A 50% refund will be provided otherwise.