Start your Hong Kong experience with a perfect introduction with History, Food, Nightlife and Culture of this unique metropolis! In this tour, you will walk through the heart of Hong Kong – Central, explore the historical colonial buildings, fascinating nightlife zone, and iconic landmarks representing Hong Kong culture.
All our guides are 100% local Hongkongers, we all love our city and we are passionate to give each of you professional & independent advices on what to see and do in Hong Kong. We want to show you that our place is way more than “Food Paradise” and “Commercial Centre”, but a highly diverse world-city merging both Western and Eastern cultures. We will lead you from the main streets to the hidden alleys, give you a quick overview of Hong Kong, and you will be fascinated by this beautiful bustling city.
In our tour, we will take you to the highlights of Central such as the HSBC Headquarters and the Man Mo Temple, and tell you the historical stories & explain Hong Kong culture hidden behind these iconic landmarks. Of course we will never get things bored, you will have a quick look at our nightlife zone – Lan Kwai Fong, with the food & beverage recommendations along the main streets.
We look forward to welcoming you on our tour, sign up now and get exploring!
Hong Kong History – Understand Hong Kong’s complex history from the many colonial buildings and architecture throughout the city, as well as other cultural imprints including our language, identity and economy.
Food and nightlife – We offer the best food and the most vibrant nightlife in the world. Let’s have a quick walk through Lai Kwan Fong and Central’s main street, and let our local guides give you the best recommendations on food and beverage choices.
Hong Kong Local Culture – Explore the most unique culture in Asia! Hong Kong culture is a mixture of Western and Eastern cultures, you can see Chinese traditional temple (Man Mo Temple) and Gothic Revival style church (St. John Cathedral) built in the sample district. Let’s dig into the city and discover Hong Kong’s local culture!
Start Time: 10:00 AM
Meeting Point: Central MTR Station K Exit (Street Level)
Find Us: Find a yellow T-shirt / jacket with “The Hong Kong Free Tours”
End Time & Location: Around 12:00 PM at The Man Mo Temple
Booking: Please book through our reservation system.
Fee: This tour is run on tips only. A similar tour of this duration would normally cost HKD 200 per person.
– HSBC Headquarters: Explore the history of Hong Kong, and its position as a global financial center at the headquarters of one of the world’s largest banks.
– St. John’s Cathedral: Visit the city’s oldest church, dating back to the birth of Hong Kong.
– Yung Kee Restaurant: Learn about the legacy and controversy surrounding this iconic restaurant, including its Michelin star loss.
– Lan Kwai Fong: Immerse in the vibrant nightlife scene of Hong Kong’s most popular district and find the best deals in town.
– Tsim Chai Kee Noodle & Mak An Kee Noodle: Explore Michelin-starred wonton noodle dished at these renowned restaurants.
– Hong Kong Craft Beer: Discover the best Hong Kong craft beers.
– Lan Fong Yuen: Savor the famous “Woman Stockings Milk Tea” at the birthplace of this popular beverage.
– Graham Street Market: Browse the city’s oldest open-air wet market, offering a variety of fresh seafood and other local produce.
– The Man Mo Temple: Gain insight into local religious practices and customs, including incense offerings and fortune-telling.
-Registration: Given tourism is not fully recovered in Hong Kong, this tour will only go ahead if there are three or more participants joining the tour. Please ALWAYS register, click the link below to contact our staff and ask for booking information.
-Cancellation: Please note this tour may be canceled due to the following conditions:
–Weather: Tour may be canceled in the case of a typhoon signal three (or above) or a yellow rain signal (or above). Cancellations due to weather will be announced on the website one hour before the tour’s start time.
–Participants: Tours may be canceled if fewer than five participants join the tour. In this case, cancellation will be announced at the tour’s start time.